Do you use Brita filters to purify water in your daily life? I do. Moreover, Brita is my favorite brand of the carbon filter.
Brita filters can be considered a great tool that can remove chlorine, zinc, atrazine, and other harmful contaminants from our drinking water. However, every 2 to 3 months, they must be replaced.
So what can you do with those old Brita filters?
Here is good news for you. In this text, I will share some useful tips on how and where to recycle Brita filters.
Why Should We Recycle Filters?
We all know, plastics will be used to produce filters, even worse, it’s plastic #5, a type that isn’t recycled in many recycling companies.
These plastics can last forever, so they will cause harmful and severe effects on the surroundings.
Can We Recycle Brita Filters?
Yes, we can. Brita has partnered with a company called TerraCycle that specializes in recycling compound plastics.
Through this partnership, to make customers’ recycling straightforward and convenient, Brita along with TerraCycle offers a free recycling program to all people. All you need is to join this program, then you’re good to recycle old Brita filters.
Three General Steps To Recycle Brita Filters
1. First Step
Make sure to dry all waste filters at least three days.
2. Second Step
With this step, you will collect 5 pounds of Brita filters, put them in a grocery or garbage bag. Then you pack in a box.
3. Third Step
In the final stage, you will print out the free shipping label and mail the box to TerraCycle.
Recycle Brita Filters in Different Countries
1. When You Live in Europe
Recycling Brita filters in the European area is so easy because Brita has headquartered in Germany. You can:
- Make a call to 0800 – 5001818 to contact Customer Care.
- Or go to this site https://www.brita.de/haendlersuche to look for a purchasing store near you.
- Then ask them how to recycle your filters.
2. When You Live in the United States
Here is what you’ll do:
- Shake off the filters to remove the remaining water and dry them for three days (at least).
- Collect five or more than five pounds of old filters.
- Use a garbage bag or a grocery bag to wrap the old filters, then you take a box to pack them.
- Log in at Brita’ US website or set up a new account (free) if you don’t have available one. Then you can print your complimentary shipping label.
- Next, you send an email to TerraCycle’s email box. You’re done and can relax now.
3. When You Live In The United Kingdom
Around the UK, there is a big number of partnerships owning retailers, like Boots and Argos on high streets.
When you’re in the UK, to recycle old Brita filters:
- You can call BritaCare on 0844 – 7424800
- Or locate your Brita box with unused filters at your favorite shop or store.
- Option 3 is to supply your postcode to recycling locators.
4. When You Live in Canada
- The first thing you need is to sign up for an account on the TerraCycle website and take part in the Brita free recycling program.
- Then you also wrap all your old Brita filters and use a box to pack them.
- Download a UPS shipping tag from your account. Then print it out and securely attach it to your box.
- Call on 1-800 742 5877 to arrange a pick-up day for the delivery. If you don’t want to make a call, you also can bring the Brita box to any UPS branches.
Methods To Recycle
Are you curious about ways that TerraCycle will use to recycle the waste?
The best thing is that TerraCycle doesn’t landfill or burn waste filters. The methods include reuse, recycling, and upcycling.
Reuse is the easiest and most economical option. This method means that the filters will be used for the same purpose it was made to serve.
Recycling aims to recover the materials that make up an object. In most cases, they will shred filters, separate the elements, melt the materials, and make a new recycled product.
Brita is a great company when having substantial programs to make sure that its products are well recycled and do not cause harmful effects on the environment.
With the information on the ways to recycle waste Brita filters, I hope that you got something useful to solve them.
Let us know your thoughts by leaving views in the comment section.
Thank you for reading!.